The drought’s not over yet!
If you have been procrastinating on those water saving techniques or wanting to be proactive in additional water savings, read on.
Did you know that dripping faucets can waste about 2,000 gallons of water each year and leaky toilets can waste as much as 200 gallons each day? – County of San Luis Obispo
Here are a few water conservation tips that you can put into effect:
- Repair any faucets, and toilets that are leaking.
- Check sprinklers for any leaks or watering outside their target area.
- Install drip irrigation for landscaping.
- Install low-flow toilets.
- If your water pressure is over 60 lbs per square inch, install a pressure reducing valve.
- Repair old shower heads
For a full list of ideas for businesses and households, check out San Luis Obispo County’s water saving tips: http://www.slocountywater.org/site/Water%20Resources/Conservation/
Save Water Rebates
The Department of Water Resources currently has 2 rebate programs in place for water conservation:
- Turf Replacement. Remove grass and replace landscaping with drought-friendly plants. According to saveourwaterrebates.com, you can receive up to $2,000 for the removal and replacement of turf.
- High-efficiency Toilet Rebate. A high-efficiency toilet only uses about 1 gallon of water per flush. Receive a rebate for up to $100 on a qualified high-efficiency toilet.
Don’t forget to apply for these rebates and receive approval before kicking off your projects!
SLO County Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Inc. can assist you in selecting the best products for water conservation and efficiency, as well as installations. You can also schedule a consultation with our professional plumbers. We can go out to your home or business, perform some tests, and come up with a game plan to save water and probably some dollars as we get your plumbing systems operating as efficiently as possible.